I'm sure thousands of people are on the edge of their seats just waiting to find out what I'm doing in 2012. You are excited, right? I'm making your dreams come true by posting about this, huh?
Ok, so here goes. My number 1 goal is to fix my hip issues and not get hurt again. Everything else depends on that. Assuming that happens, here is what I want to do:
1. Run 1000 miles. A little over 80 miles per month. Definitely doable if I don't totally wimp out on summertime again.
2. Do the Run the Ville 10K again. This has been my favorite race of all time. I'm a little scared to run it again because I loved it so much and what if I'm disappointed? Why do I overthink things so much?
3. Snake Run!! Unless something miraculous happens I will be doing 3 hours, not 6. Now, who is shocked that I want to do this race? You all know about my little aversion to snakes. In fact, I have a code name for them I hate them so much. What do you think are the chances of getting the name changed to the Waffle Run? Someone from TATUR, are you reading this? I know why it's called the Snake Run. I just don't know if I can actually run in a race with the name Snake. We shall see. I do think a race called Waffle run would probably draw more participants. Call me if you would like more fabulous suggestions!
4. Lake McMurtry Trail Run Again, unless we see a miracle, I will be doing the 25K. If I do it, perhaps I can improve my previous 25K time. Is there anyone who can tell me more about the course? Compare it to Turkey and Taturs or Flatrock? Or both?
Numbers 3 and 4 are sort of dependent on timing. There is a chance that 2, 3 and 4 are 3 weekends in a row. If that is the case I will have to drop one of them.
5. Flatrock Ok. I will admit it. I'd like to do the 50K here. There is probably no way I could do it under the time limit, or even at all, but I'm thinking about it. Why go through only half the pain and misery of this great race? Also, one of my goals is to run 33 miles, sometime around my birthday. In theory, I could run 2 miles early in the morning of this race, then do it and accomplish two goals at once. Crazy? Absolutely. We will see. Any volunteers who want to run this with me??
6. Run 33 miles. All at once. I've talked about that before and probably will again, so I won't say any more now.
7. Run on trails more. I love running on trails, but I'm scared to do it alone. I'm scared of falling and getting hurt, or just getting hurt in general. I'm scared some psycho is waiting on the trail to kill me. I'm just scared. I wish I could talk someone into running with me. I also want to go down and run with the TATURs a couple of times.
So, that's all I have for now. Well, that's a lot. I'm thinking I MIGHT run a marathon this year. Why is it a marathon scares me more than a 50K? It's not as far. The road is easier than the trail. But trail races are just better. And I don't have any expectations on the trail except to finish.
I'm excited to see what the year brings. So far, so good. In fact, I broke my 5K record on New Years Day! I finally ran a sub-30 5K! I then sat down in the middle of the road and didn't move. Rick had to pretty much drag me to the truck.