Friday, March 30, 2012

Dogs?

Look! Two posts from me in the same week. Try not to have a heart attack.

I was reading through some old posts and realized I haven't updated on the dog situation lately. I still have plenty of encounters, I guess I just stopped thinking about it as much. However, I had a run a couple of weeks ago that had plenty of dogs so I thought I'd tell the story.

Ryan and I went for a run and decided to do a new route. Well, I decided and he's only 11 so he has to do what I want. Plus, I'm bigger than him so I win. Anyway, I really like to run loops so I'm trying out some new routes. We embarked on what we now call the Ghetto Route. If you know much about Elk City you know that it's not exactly the nicest town in the world. It's pretty crappy. Most of the houses are old and run down and it's just....not very aesthetically pleasing. See how I use a big word? Go me. Anyway, it's no suprise that we would run past some pretty special houses. We sort of ran around town. We took the roads on the outer edge. When we were getting ready to go by one house Ryan informs me they have a really big, really mean dog. Thanks for telling me now! Anyway, he tells me to stop talking and run really fast and light. Ummm, sure. I'll get right on that. I'm channeling my inner gazelle. Yeah right. I don't have an inner gazelle. Inner rhino maybe. Luckily, we made it past this house with no harm.

A few blocks later we are going past a place that looks like a junk yard. Seriously, it's bad. I swear you can barely find the house for all the old cars and misc. junk. A little dog comes out and starts chasing us. It isn't big so I just kept going. Then we get to the next house and two dogs come out barking! These dogs are not as nice. Fortunately, their owner is really on top of things. He's always right out there to get them. That day was no different. He came right out. Unfortunately, since the other dog was out too there were some issues. Mainly that the dogs didn't want to listen to their owner. The guy kept yelling at his dogs, whose names appear to be Ginger and Cheyenne. Since I think they are both boys I'm a little confused by this. Anyway, it's freaking hilarious. There is no way for me to describe how this guy was trying to get his dogs under control. I should take a video of Ryan impersonating him because it's awesome. Picture Grizzly Adams, except skinny. Wearing a really old sweatshirt and a hat and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. The dogs both outweighed him.

The rest of the run Ryan was imitating the guy and I couldn't quit laughing.  I think a few more funny things happened on that run but there were so many I can't remember. I can tell you it was one of the most fun runs I've ever done. And also, we scratched that route off of our list. No more Ghetto Route for us.

Oh, and in case you are wondering? 3 miles. No pain! I'm pretty darn happy these days.

~Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment